DGT e-Board We proudly announce the release of the DGT Wireless e-Board for individual use.
Rosewood Chess Board
DGT XL Clock and Bag
The DGT Wireless e-Board uses Bluetooth. Only
Rosewood versions of the DGT Wireless E-board will be produced. It will
be able to be used in combination with any of the DGT chess sets –
Timeless, Royal, Classic, Venus or Design.
Please note some of the special features of the DGT Wireless E-board:
- 10+ meters Bluetooth true-wireless communication
and approximately 40+ meters successfully tested indoors with high
- USB wired communication (3.5 meter mini-USB cable included)
- 24 hours full play rechargeable Li-Ion battery, rechargeable over USB cable to PC or main adapter.
- Three-color LED status indicator.
- Increased scanning speed (6 scans/second).
- Firmware upgrade feature makes it easy to install future software enhancements and new functions.
- DGT XL clock functions as display for board instructions.
More detailed information you can find the manual of the DGT Bluetooth e-board.
This board is not built to be used in a tournament setup, but small
tournaments can use this board for broadcasting games. Have a look at this article how this can be set up.
Have a look at the features list that will be updated on a regular basis.
DGT Chess Board Features
- Automatically store games in the memory of the board while you play, and retrieve the games as PGN later
- Beautifully-inlaid wood board with official FIDE tournament-size squares (5.5 x 5.5 cm; 2¼" x 2¼"); board is only 1.8 cm thick, the same as a normal chessboard
- Five different designs Staunton Wooden Chess Pieces are available, each with a King height of 95mm (3¾")
- Simply connects to USB or serial port of your PC; driver CD included for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP.
- The DGT Electronic Board is supported by many programs, and new programs are added to this list frequently. See below for current list.
- The DGT e-board is the ultimate chess-PC interface, adding new dimension to your chess fun. A typical DGT product - innovative, and designed for the real chess lover. High quality and value for your money.
- The gift box comes with a special edition of the famous Fritz program and 100 days free access at PlayChess.com
The DGT Electronic Chessboard
Now you can have a real chess board combined with a fast and accurate chess move input device for your computer. Play with genuine wood against your favorite chess program or an internet opponent, and even broadcast chess games over the Internet. Ideal for tournament presentation. Or let the computer analyze games while playing a human opponent, and automatically store games in the memory of the board while you play, then retrieve the games as PGN later.
DGT Board with DGT XL Clock
(Clock not included)
DGT Classic Chess Pieces
DGT Royal Chess Pieces
DGT Timeless Chess Pieces
DGT Venus Chess Pieces
DGT Design Chess Pieces
Place your Chess piece selection in the "Comments Box" at checkout
Selection of chess pieces is very personalized: DGT has selected fine handmade sets to choose from, for use on the electronic board. The classical Staunton model in its most common form has been used at several world championships. All sets come with two Queens for each color.
DGT Chess Board Package Includes:
Beautifully-inlaid wood board with official FIDE tournament-size squares (5.5 x 5.5 cm); the board is only 1.8 cm thick, the same as a normal chessboard. You get your choice of Staunton wooden chess pieces with a King height of 95mm (3.75"), and the board connects to a DGT XL Beige or Red Clock and black or green tote bag.
Modern, reliable, sensor technology recognizes each piece accurately and fast; each piece is identified by color and type, which gives you extra reliabilty in fast blitz games and makes setting up chess positions very easy. Includes Internal memory (for 500 moves), and simply connects to the USBport of your PC. Supported by many chess programs on different platforms. Driver CD included for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP.
DGT Chess Board works with these Chess Software Programs
- TOMA: DGT Projects' professional chess tournament broadcasting software. Great for live tournament broadcasting, but also for publishing existing games.
- World Chess Network: Play against internet opponents with the electronic board!
- ChessBase Products: Fritz 8, Fritz 7, Fritz 6, Fritz 5.32, Fritz 5, Hiarcs 7.32, Junior 5, Nimzo 99
- Arena (All versions)
- A graphical user interface to play with many chess engines like Crafty, GNUChess, LambChop and many, many more!
- Internet Chess Club: Play live online chess with BlitzIn + the WoodIn plugin.
- US Chess Live: Use US Chess Live Windows Version 4.0 to play on the game site, using the DGT Electronic Chess Board.
- Pocket Grandmaster: A fully featured and extremely strong award winning chess playing program for Pocket PCs running Pocket PC 2002 or Windows CE 3.0. This new version also supports the DGT Electronic Chess Board.
- Please note that not all Pocket PC's are supported. It does not seem to work with the DELL Axim.
- Arena: A graphical user interface to play with many chess engines like Crafty, GNUChess, LambChop and many, many more!
- Internet Chess Club: Play live online chess with Blitzin
- and more!
DGT Board Manual Download
DGT XL Digital Chess and Game Clock
Red or Beige
The DGT XL, introduced in 2003, is in full accordance with FIDE rules and regulations.
It is the clock you will see most frequently in photo reports of top
level tournaments, as it is the only clock that connects to the DGT electronic chess board, used for “live” internet broadcasting of chess games.
It has all the advantages of the DGT 2010, the other DGT clock approved
by the world chess federation and several extra options and features,
which make the DGT XL the ultimate in chess clock technology.
- Additional display information; timing system including period of play.
- Option to mix the different timing systems to best suit your game.
- Save and retrieve 5 user defined settings.
- Multi period “Bronstein” delay, used in US tournaments.
- Up-count timing method, e.g. for Scrabble ©.
- Clock's display shows move if the DGT e-board is used for online or PC play.
- High energy efficiency, runs over 3 years on 2 AA alkaline batteries.
For detailed information, look at the DGT XL user manual
DGT Carrying Case
Black or Green
The ideal way to carry your DGT
e-board, accessories and a DGT digital clock. This perfectly
designed DGT carrying bag is made of robust canvas and reinforced
The carrying case provides years of perfect
protection for your DGT equipment. The pockets on the front of the bag
ideally suit your chess clock and chess set. The possibility to lock the
main pockets brings additional protection to your equipment. The
durable, protective, light-weight design bag is available in black and
Please select chess pieces and colors of clocks/bag and place your choices
in the "Comments Box" at checkout