DGT Electronic Chess Board
with Timeless Chess Pieces and
Wenge Chess Board
This plug & play DGT electronic chess board brings you the best of two worlds. The classical game of chess has finally merged with 21st century computer and internet technology. The DGT electronic chess board is actually an accurate and fast chess move input device for your computer.
The beautiful classic wood DGT e-board easily connects to the USB port on your PC. Play with genuine wood against your favorite chess program or an internet opponent. Ideal for tournament presentation; Let the computer analyze games while playing a human opponent; With the DGT e-board you can play online at internet chess sites like PlayChess, Chess 21, Chess Cube and ICC. You can even broadcast chess games over the Internet. The ingenious e-board acts as input device for all major playing programs.
DGT Chess Board Features
- Automatically store games in the memory of the board while you play, and retrieve the games as PGN later
- Beautifully-inlaid wood board with official FIDE tournament-size squares (5.5 x 5.5 cm; 2¼" x 2¼"); board is only 1.8 cm thick, the same as a normal chessboard
- Five different designs Staunton Wooden Chess Pieces are available, each with a King height of 95mm (3¾")
- Simply connects to USB or serial port of your PC; driver CD included for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP.
- The DGT Electronic Board is supported by many programs, and new programs are added to this list frequently. See below for current list.
- The DGT e-board is the ultimate chess-PC interface, adding new dimension to your chess fun. A typical DGT product - innovative, and designed for the real chess lover. High quality and value for your money.
- The gift box comes with a special edition of the famous Fritz program and 100 days free access at PlayChess.com
The DGT Electronic Chessboard
Now you can have a real chess board combined with a fast and accurate chess move input device for your computer. Play with genuine wood against your favorite chess program or an internet opponent, and even broadcast chess games over the Internet. Ideal for tournament presentation. Or let the computer analyze games while playing a human opponent, and automatically store games in the memory of the board while you play, then retrieve the games as PGN later.
DGT Board with DGT XL Clock
(Clock not included)
DGT Timeless Chess Pieces
Selection of chess pieces is very personalized: DGT has selected fine handmade sets to choose from, for use on the electronic board. The classical Staunton model in its most common form has been used at several world championships. All sets come with two Queens for each color.
DGT Chess Board Package Includes:
Beautifully-inlaid wood board with official FIDE tournament-size squares (5.5 x 5.5 cm); the board is only 1.8 cm thick, the same as a normal chessboard. You get your choice of Staunton wooden chess pieces with a King height of 95mm (3.75"), and the board connects to a DGT XL Beige Clock (not included).
Modern, reliable, sensor technology recognizes each piece accurately and fast; each piece is identified by color and type, which gives you extra reliabilty in fast blitz games and makes setting up chess positions very easy. Includes Internal memory (for 500 moves), and simply connects to the USBport of your PC. Supported by many chess programs on different platforms. Driver CD included for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP.
DGT Chess Board works with these Chess Software Programs
- TOMA: DGT Projects' professional chess tournament broadcasting software. Great for live tournament broadcasting, but also for publishing existing games.
- World Chess Network: Play against internet opponents with the electronic board!
- ChessBase Products: Fritz 8, Fritz 7, Fritz 6, Fritz 5.32, Fritz 5, Hiarcs 7.32, Junior 5, Nimzo 99
- Arena (All versions)
- A graphical user interface to play with many chess engines like Crafty, GNUChess, LambChop and many, many more!
- Internet Chess Club: Play live online chess with BlitzIn + the WoodIn plugin.
- US Chess Live: Use US Chess Live Windows Version 4.0 to play on the game site, using the DGT Electronic Chess Board.
- Pocket Grandmaster: A fully featured and extremely strong award winning chess playing program for Pocket PCs running Pocket PC 2002 or Windows CE 3.0. This new version also supports the DGT Electronic Chess Board.
- Please note that not all Pocket PC's are supported. It does not seem to work with the DELL Axim.
- Arena: A graphical user interface to play with many chess engines like Crafty, GNUChess, LambChop and many, many more!
- Internet Chess Club: Play live online chess with Blitzin
- and more!
DGT Board Manual Download