Fritz 13 Chess Playing Software
This new release ensures that Fritz remains the most popular chess playing program worldwide, a super-strong chess playing opponent with functions and features you'll want by your side!
Windows XP, 7, 8, 10
Whether you're a chess beginner, club player or professional Grandmaster Fritz 13 has everything that chess players could want. Fritz 13 will automatically adjust its playing strength if you choose, offers handicap and coaching functions, explanation of chess positions, display colored danger warnings, provide openings statistics, automatic game analysis, and trainings modules for chess openings, tactics and chess endgames - plus a database of 1.5 million chess games. Read that list again!
This leading chess engine has beaten a reigning World Champion in the battle of man vs. machine, and it has worked with World Champions as a clever training partner (Garry Kasparov: "I regularly analyze with Fritz"), and so Fritz continues to fascinate the chess world - Fritz 13 can even entertain you with fresh and humorous verbal comments.
Fritz 13 Features:
- Adjustable chess playing strength
- Coach functions, move explanation
- Automatic game analysis and commentay
- Training modules for openings, tactics and endgames
- Access to "LetåÕs Check" database until Dec. 31, 2014
- Improved and enhanced database management
- Improved user interface in Windows Office 2010 standard
- New and more powerful Fritz 13 engine, especially tuned for deep analysis
- Professional interface and chess board graphics
- Management for multiple chess engines
- Professional printing of chess games and diagrams
- A database of 1.5 million chess games
- Ten hours of private video chess instruction by Grandmasters
- Six months of free premium membership to the worldåÕs largest chess server, Playchess.com
Fritz 13 Newest Feature: "Let's Check"Gone are the days when you had to wait for your computer to reach substantial depth in order to be certain of avoiding a chess trap. Now you can simply use Fritz 13's new "Let's Check" feature and you'll see chess opening analysis, some quite deep, and theoretical novelties all submitted by users of different chess engines. This new "LetåÕs Check" function allows you to be part of a worldwide chess community that is assembling an ever expanding chess opening knowledge base.
Whenever you analyze a position to any meaningful depth with your Fritz 13 chess software program, or discover a brand new chess opening move, you can now send your chess analysis to a central server, to be shared by all participating users. Almost instantly, you will be able to find deep analysis for almost every chess opening position you look at, all generated by the finest chess playing engines in the world, all running on the most powerful machines around.
Be the first to "discover" a position! Whether you are a beginner, a club player or a Super-GM, with the Let's Check function switched on, you can use the powerful chess engine of Fritz 13 to analyze hitherto unknown positions and you will be automatically registered as the "discoverer" of that position. And you can "Conquer" chess positions too! LetåÕs Check keeps updating the evaluations to any given position with newer, deeper analysis as it becomes available. Using powerful machines and the latest engines allows you to "conquer" positions, with your name attached to the newest, deepest analysis. You can also add comments to your analysis, which other users will see when they encounter the position.
Become a chess opening expert with Let's Check. The entire body of modern openings theory is built into the system, and Let's Check provides you instantly with the latest statistics of any position in the opening: how often did it occur, which moves were played, with what success. The openings book (LiveBook) is updated on a weekly basis and will show you which variations are currently topical and how good they are. It will also reveal which lines are being analyzed and debated in the international community, and with what conclusions.
Using Let's Check while watching top games live on the Playchess server becomes an experience in itself. Not only do you have the latest openings and statistics at your disposal, you can also see the results of the most powerful computers and engines that are logged into the server - total information on any computer, in the blink of an eye.
Fritz 13 Interface
Fritz 13 has the ergonomic interface that gives you instant access to all the most important functions. This means more comfort and clearer controls. It is quick and easy to play chess games with Fritz 13.
Fritz 13 as your Chess Trainer
Should you need to prepare for serious encounters over the chessboard, Fritz 13 can help you train with a human Grandmaster! Fritz provides you with hours of video lessons for every level of play, in which you'll enjoy the instructive analysis of master games, and the discussion of clever openings traps, or deadly combinations to solve. The video material introduces you to World Champion Grandmasters like Rustam Kasimdzhanov, Vladimir Kramnik, Vishy Anand, and chess legend Garry Kasparov. Even if you cannot play chess at the moment, Fritz 13 will teach you the rules of the games - within an hour you will be playing your first game of chess.
Fritz 13 at Playchess.com
Fritz 13 is able to help you find chess playing opponents and chess friends. The chess software program includes a 6 month subscription to Playchess.com, the world's biggest chess server. Every day you'll see thousands of players logged into this virtual chess club, and you can always find an opponent that matches your playing strength. You can also watch top tournaments and the games of world-class Grandmasters playing live on the server.
This new Fritz 13 chess program includes 6 month Premium Membership to Playchess. Without further costs or obligation you will be able to listen to the audio commentary during major events, receive live training, play in simultaneous exhibitions against top GMs, watch the TV ChessBase shows and play in league tournaments.
Insider's Guide to
If you're considering the purchase of any ChessBase playing program (Fritz, Junior, Shredder, Hiarcs, etc.), then here's another good reason to shop at ChessCentral. With your new chess playing program you get our exclusive Revving Up your Fritz guide by Steve Lopez - one link in a long chain of customer support available at ChessCentral.
Revving up Your Fritz
No new owner of a Fritz "family" program should be without this important guide, for here you'll learn the basics of customizing the ChessBase software and optimizing your hardware so that Fritz runs at its best. The topics covered include:
* A discussion of chess engines and how to use them
* Hardware tips, including questions about RAM and resource allocation
* The effect of time control on the performance of Fritz
* Fritz opening books, and how to load them
* A discussion of hash tables, and setting their size for a particular game
* Fritz add-on products, like Endgame Turbo II & Fritz Powerbook
* Miscellaneous topics and much more!
This fact-filled guide will save you countless hours of trying to figure out what to do, and let you begin having fun with Fritz after only a few minutes. Revving Up your Fritz will put you on the fast track to a better understanding of chess playing software.
Remember, other chess stores will be happy to take your money all day - yet they pull a disappearing act when you have a question. ChessCentral cares about your chess experience, that is why we offer more post-purchase support than any other chess shop in the world!
Fritz 13 Chess Software
The Fritz 13 Chess Program
- Rated chess games with a more precise, real-world rating system.
- Dial display for how sharp a position is ("hotness") plus a special "Mate-O-Meter".
- Improved "spy" function shows clear refutations and only direct threats.
- Analysis + openings classification revised and improved.
- Improved engine management: 4 GB memory for 64-Bit UCI engines, CPU display and simple settings for multi-engines.
- Evaluation profile optionally as non-linear display (as at the Chess Classic in Mainz).
- Discover a position
- Conquer a position
- LiveBook for Chess Openings
- Watch Top Games on Playchess Server with Instant Analysis
- Let's Check available until December 31, 2014
- Six months Premium membership on Playchess.com is included
- Games grouped under headings (tournaments, time controls) making it easier to find the chess games you want
- Fast search in the chess players list
- Friends and titled chess players are displayed with desktop alerts
- Multi-watch with many new functions, e.g. time difference display
- Separate formulas for humans and computers
- A series of chess games against the same opponent is displayed as a match in the chat window
- The games list display includes number of moves (for games and broadcasts)
- Evaluation profile available in the chess machine room while playing and watching
Fritz 13 Chess Engine, Database and Multimedia
- New Fritz engine: even stronger!
- Chess tutorial videos with 10 hours of international trainers and world class players
- Updated database of 1.5 million games from 1625 to 2011
Recommended: PC Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 3 GB RAM, Windows 7 & 8, DirectX10 graphics card (or compatible)with 512 MB RAM or more, 100% DirectX10 compatible soundcard, Windows Media Player 11, DVD ROM drive and Internet connection required for Internet-based features (playchess.com, lets check etc.). Program activation via Internet required!
Posted by David Daniels on Jun 17th 2016
A very good challenge, i have only beaten it once! My criticism is that there appears to be a lot of functions and there is not a help file to tell you what they will do or how to use them.
Good for chess nerds, but not for casual players
Posted by Unknown on Jun 13th 2016
I am an above average casual player (50 years experience). I bought this program to PLAY chess, not to analyze every move. Very disappointed with 3D graphics. Piece movements are jerky and slow. Graphics resolution is only average...my expectations were higher.
Fritz is a very powerful chess engine, teaching, learning platform and perhaps I will delve into some of that one day. But for now, I want to play chess against a computer that has some measure of 'human-like' play. Disappointed.
Great product for playing no-hassle casual chess
Posted by Unknown on Feb 11th 2016
Great product for playing no-hassle casual chess against the Fritz 13 program. Move take-backs are easy, which makes it easy to back up to a previous position and try another variation.
Posted by Unknown on Oct 26th 2015
Fritz is tough. I can beat other chess programs but so far I haven't beaten Fritz.