Mega Database 2017 Chess Database Software
& Capablanca's "My Chess Career" E-Book
- The Mega Database is an exclusive annotated database
- Contains more than 6.8 million games from 1560 to 2016 in the highest ChessBase quality standard
- 70,000 games contain commentary from top players, with ChessBase opening classification including more than 100,000 key positions
- Playerbase which includes about 430,000 names
- Included is Capablanca's "My Chess Career" E-Book, the 3rd World Chess Champion's own account of his chess career from the earliest days through the Hastings "Victory Congress" in 1919
The Mega Database is an exclusive annotated database, containing more than 6.8 million games from 1560 to 2016 in the highest ChessBase quality standard. 70,000 games contain commentary from top players, with ChessBase opening classification including more than 100,000 key positions, direct access to players, tournaments, middlegame themes, and endgames. The largest top class annotated database in the world.
The most recent games of the database are from the middle of October 2016. Mega 2017 also features a new edition of the Playerbase (requires ChessBase 14, 13 or 12). As usual, this is where most of the work was done. As the player index now contains already more than 330,000 entries, it made sense to use an adapted Playerbase which includes about 430,000 names. Doing this, the photo database was extended as well to contain 37,000 pictures. Included is the Online Mega-Update 2017: with ChessBase 14, 13 or 12 you can download games for Mega 2017 for the whole year, a total of approximately 250,000 games! That means your Mega 2017 will remain up to date from January to December.
"My Chess Career", the best-selling chess biography, has been painstakingly translated into interactive ChessBase format. You get 6 hyperlinked text documents containing Capablanca's autobiography, and even a photo of Capablanca himself! Most important, however, are the 35 games annotated by the great Cuban; deep and lucid commentary that grows more compelling with each reading. And what games they are - every one an anthology piece! See for yourself why "My Chess Career" stands among the select few must-have books in chess literature.
System requirements: 1 GHz Pentium PC, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, 512 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, ChessBase 14, 13 or 12, Internet connection required for online updates.