Roman's Lab 17: Unbeatable Secret Weapons for Black - Chess Opening Video DVD
Unbeatable Secret Weapons for Black
Over 2 hours of Chess Instruction on DVD
Hosted by Grandmaster Roman Dzindzichashvili, former US and Russian Champion and Coach of World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov, this video is an invaluable guide to learning chess openings, based upon understanding rather than memorization.
In Volume 17 Roman explains two of his secret opening weapons, one each in the Sicilian Defense and the Center Counter (or Scandinavian) Defense:
1) The New Revolutionary Sicilian. Roman has beaten the top players in the world with this unknown variation of the Sicilian Defense. This is a tested powerful line and gives Black an advantage in the opening. After the moves 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 Nc6 6.Bg5 we play 6...g6!!
2) The Scandinavian with 2...Nf6. A forgotten opening, solid and a great surprise weapon. After 1.e4 d5 2.exd5 Black's plan is, according to Roman, as good as the French, Caro-Kann, and some variations of the Sicilian.
Learn Chess from Grandmaster Roman Dzindzichashvili:
* Former two time U.S. Champion & Russian Champion
* World Open Winner, Writer & Teacher
* Former Chess Coach & Trainer for World Champions Gary Kasparov & Anatoly Karpov