- The Caro-Kann is one of the safest and most reliable replies to 1.e4, and has been employed by four World Champions.
- The author presents in twenty videos a repertoire for Black which is easy to assimilate and yet playable at the highest levels.
- Bologan lays the emphasis on the opening and early middlegame, and even evaluates certain endgames.
- At the end of each video, this chess software DVD features a short summing up of the system being recommended.
- All variations of the popular Caro-Kann chess opening are covered.
The Moldavian top Grandmaster Viktor Bologan presents in twenty videos a repertoire for Black which is easy to assimilate and yet playable at the highest of all levels. In his first six videos of this chess opening software DVD you will find recommendations for use against sidelines (2.d3, 2.Nc3, 3.f3), the Exchange Variation, the Panov system and the e4-c4-system (holding back with d2-d4).
Then in seven videos there follows a detailed presentation of the Advance Variation (1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.e5 Bf5). The second main section of the Caro-Kann chess opening software DVD (seven videos) is dedicated to the Classical System arising from 1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3/d2 dxe4 4.Nxe4 Bf5. This popular position can be countered with an easily comprehensible and standard setup. In his presentation of the various lines, Bologan lays the emphasis on the opening and early middlegame, and where the variations require it he also provides an evaluation of the endgames which arise from them.
At the end of each video, this chess software DVD features a short summing up of the system being recommended. In these chess videos Bologan goes back over the critical moments which Caro-Kann players must absolutely bear in mind. For many years Bologan has been the number 1 in Moldava and has represented his country in eight chess Olympiads.
Chess opening software DVD running time: 4 hours 40 min.
System requirements: Pentium-Processor at 300 Mhz or higher, 64 MB RAM, Windows XP, Windows Vista, DVD drive, mouse, soundcard.